Clinical trials data management is essential for medical and clinical researchers, doctors who assist with pharmaceutical drug development and C-suite decision makers in pharmaceutical drug development. The “3-C’s” of site management include connection, communication, and control.
The value of real-time clinical trial data feedback lies in enabling these medical professionals to attend to each of those “C” actions.? The real-time connection and communication allows pharmaceutical professionals to review incoming trial data in real-time and control its dissemination and implementation in order to support making critical business decisions mid-stream in a project.
Importance of Real-Time Clinical Trial Data Feedback
As professionals working in the ever-changing world of medical research, we know that outdated information is ineffective for making important decisions that are vital to safe health practices. When medical professionals make decisions during prescription drug development, those decisions can affect people’s well-being and even their lives. This is why clinical trials data management must facilitate and implement real-time clinical trial data feedback, to provide the most current information and best practices within pharmaceutical drug development.
Implementing Electronic Data Capture (EDC) as a key strategy for clinical trials data management of real-time clinical trial data feedback assists pharmaceutical professionals in several essential areas:
- Real-time?immediate feedback: Allows for transfer of data in real-time; rapid resolution of discrepancies;?reduction of time and costs; acceleration of query management; and ???? verification and correction of inconsistencies in data in real-time.
- Up-to-date accessibility of trial information and feedback: Allows for organization of global research data into a single database; provides up-to-date study statistics; enables less time to develop and produce essential statistical reports; and decreases risk of data blinding errors.
- Safer, higher quality of data: Allows?for encryption of data, which prevents any changes, deletions, or modifications; facilitates faster data cleaning processes; and automates?editing and discrepancy checking.
- Integrated safety data: Allows for crucial medical safety reviews regardless of data source’s originating country or time?zone.
- Adverse trends: Allows for tracking and reporting on adverse trends occurring with select pharmaceutical drugs.
- Ongoing?workflow: Allows for workflow to?continue on an ongoing basis with real-time data, integrating and updating?information as it is received.
- Cost?reduction: Allows more cost-effective means to share and store data, feedback, and other relevant clinical?trials information; reduces the number of necessary field monitoring on-site visits; reduces clinical research costs; and reduces cost of introducing new drugs to the pharmaceutical market.
- improves efficiency of trials and their relevant feedback;
- allows?for maximum usability of tools
- enables combining data across clinical studies
- facilitates collaboration across departments and organizations
- promotes?easier and more effective implementation of the three “C’s” of site management by connecting authorized parties to real-time clinical?trial data, communicating clinical trial data, and controlling the safety?of clinical trial data and its related feedback.
Overall, clinical trials data management of real-time clinical trial data feedback has proven to be the most positive and effective way to promote health and safety within the pharmaceutical development process.
Got Questions? We have Answers! Contact us at CriteriumBlog@criteriuminc.com